What is an EAP?
An Employee Assistance Program addresses challenges ranging from finding care for loved ones to dealing with legal issues—and it comes at no cost to your employees.
Why Offer an EAP?
Increased demands at work and home can create added stress for employees, which has a significant impact on your company.
Based on our internal analysis:
- The typical medical spending for members with a behavioral health and medical condition who used Empire EAP was $23 per member per month less than members who did not use EAP
- Plus, when comparing an integrated Empire EAP versus an external EAP, there’s a $9 per member per month savings in behavioral health costs
By offering an EAP, you're not only helping your employees resolve personal concerns before they grow into major issues, you're investing in the future of your business. Our goal is to help you:
- Attract and keep top performers by offering a more valuable employee benefit plan
- Boost productivity in the workplace by giving employees an easy and confidential way to receive help with managing personal or work issues
- Strengthen your management team's ability to respond appropriately to workplace situations
- Likely see a lower use of sick time as employees take fewer "mental health" days
- Reduce costs and risk by offering employees and their household members free counseling sessions before they need to use their benefits through their group health plan
As one of the largest behavioral health benefits administrators in the United States, Empire provides EAP resources for a wide variety of businesses across the private and public sector.
- Our services are designed to help employees balance the demands of daily work/life challenges, including legal and financial issues, health and wellness, home repair, pet care and more.
- They’re also intended to assist with poor job performance, provide crisis intervention to those who have experienced traumatic events, and offer consulting services to managers who are faced with employee issues.
- We aim to help you contain costs related to health care, litigation, workers’ compensation, disability claims, absenteeism and more.
All of our EAP providers are mental health professionals who are required to be licensed in their respective states of practice. Clinicians practice in the caller's geographical service area and are familiar with the community's resources.
Our credentialing process examines a number of qualifications to help ensure access to the best possible licensed providers:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Psychiatric or Behavioral Health Nurse Specialists
Empire’s EAP focuses on three specific service areas: counseling, work/life services and employer services.
Our EAP staff work with callers to determine if they may be most effectively served by accessing EAP counseling services alone, through a work/life service consult, or by a referral to mental health medical benefits.
LiveHealth Online offers employees and household members the option of accessing live therapy via smart phone, tablet or computer.
This free personal wellness tool through Enhanced EAP provides 24/7 access to mood tracking, daily inspiration, motivational messages and more.
The plan model chosen by an organization reflects specific goals, internal priorities and the organizational culture. You can choose from several plan models to help meet your organization’s needs:
The Basic model allows the employee to receive solution-focused counseling and referrals to resources that help them meet their life goals positively and efficiently.
The Enhanced model delivers the same services as the Basic Model, plus expanded work/life capabilities and employer services to strategically support leaders and teams. Employers will benefit from policy consultations, critical response services, training and seminars, and unlimited telephone consultations for managers to help with workplace needs.
The Customized model gives larger, national employers greater flexibility with their EAP program. We can customize the number of counseling sessions and on-site options, as well as provide work/life services.
Our EAP provides a comprehensive approach to wellness that also includes:
- Critical Incident Response (CIR) Services
- Management Consultations
- Seminars and Workshops for Managers and Supervisors
- Employee Wellness Workshops
- Assistance with EAP policies, including Referrals and Protocols
- Consultation regarding Drug-Free Workplace Programs
- Abuse Case Management and U.S. DOT SAP Evaluations
- Utilization Reports
- Communication Materials
- Additional Fee Services: Adoption Reimbursement, Lactation Support, Geriatric Care Management, Fitness for Duty Evaluations and more