When Should You Use Empire Telehealth?
Empire telehealth is a good choice when your regular doctor isn’t available. An Empire telemedicine visit costs about the same as, or less than, a doctor’s office visit. Telemedicine is also a good alternative to the emergency room and can help you avoid long waits at an urgent care center.
Why Should You Use Empire Telehealth Services?
For most minor health concerns, Empire telehealth is a time-saving choice. Use Empire telemedicine for:
- Cold and flu symptoms such as a cough, fever, and headaches
- Sinus infections
- Monitoring certain ongoing issues
- Family health questions
How Does An Empire Telehealth Visit Work?
- Once you start a virtual chat or video session with your doctor, you can discuss your medical concern just like an in-person visit.
- During the Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield virtual visit, the doctor may ask about medical history, symptoms, and any prescription medicines you are taking.
- If using virtual video for your visit, the doctor may ask you to show your symptoms — such as rashes or where you have pain or discomfort — to better understand treatment.
- The doctor will then diagnose and recommend treatment, including ordering prescription medicine if necessary.
How To Use Empire Telehealth On Your Computer
As an Empire member, you have access to telehealth on empireblue.com. Once you log in, select “Find Care” and choose a video visit. You can then choose your virtual care doctor.
You can also speak to your own doctor to see if they offer telemedicine services.
How To Use Empire Telehealth On Your Phone
Download the Empire Sydney app to use Empire telemedicine on your phone. With this app, you can receive answers to your questions using the Symptom Checker. If you need medical care, the app will connect you to a doctor through a virtual chat session or a virtual video session.
Download The Sydney Health App