Medicare Supplement plans, also called “Medigap,” add coverage to Original Medicare to pay for things that Parts A and B don’t cover like your coinsurance, copays, or the Part A and Part B deductibles.
Empire doesn’t currently offer Medicare Supplement insurance in New York, however, we have flexible, affordable Medicare coverage with our, comprehensive Medicare Advantage Plans. To learn more about Supplement insurance, you can read here. Or check out our Medicare Advantage Plans.
Is Medicare Supplement (Medigap) right for you?
- You’re enrolled in Original Medicare (Parts A and B).
- You’d prefer to see any doctor who accepts Medicare, not just the doctors in a network, and without referral.
- You plan to travel in the United States and want to be able to see any doctor who accepts Medicare.
- You see a doctor who charges more than the You see a doctor who charges more than the Medicare-approved amount for care.
- You’d like to buy separate dental and vision insurance once you’re enrolled.
- You’re not enrolled in Original Medicare (Parts A and B).
- You have coverage from an employer that pays all or some of the costs that Original Medicare doesn’t cover.
- You have coverage through your union that pays all or some of the costs that Original Medicare doesn’t cover.
- You’re going to sign up for a Medicare Advantage Plan (Part C) in New York.
Add prescription drug coverage
When you sign up for Medicare and choose a Medicare Supplement plan to help cover your costs, most people add a separate Part D plan at the same time. Part D is Medicare’s Prescription Drug Coverage. Unlike Medicare Supplement, Part D prescription drug coverage is often included in Medicare Advantage Plans.