Can I Get A Medicare Flex Card From Empire?
Yes! Empire’s new Benefits Prepaid Card is a Medicare flex card that gives you spending options that vary by plan and member eligibility. Your flex card makes it easy for you to use your plan benefits to help cover the cost of the things you need, including:
- Over-The-Counter Health Items — a quarterly spending allowance for everyday purchases such as toothpaste, vitamins, and more at participating retailers
- Healthy Groceries — a monthly spending allowance for the purchase of healthy grocery items such as fresh meats and vegetables, frozen meats, dairy items, canned goods, and more at participating stores near you
- Assistive Devices — an annual spending allowance for assistive and safety devices such as handrails, shower stools, and temporary wheelchair ramps
- Service Dog Support — an annual spending allowance to help pay for items used to care for your ADA service dog such as food, leashes, or vests
- Flex Account: Dental, Vision, Hearing — an annual spending allowance to help with out-of-pocket costs related to your dental, vision, or hearing needs
- Flex Account: Utilities — a monthly spending allowance for the payment of utilities including gas, water, electric, cable, or cell phones
- Flex Account: Active Fitness — a monthly spending allowance for fees required at sports facilities for golf, swimming, tennis, and more
- OTC + Healthy Groceries — a monthly spending allowance for both over-the-counter health items and groceries
How Do I Get An Empire Benefits Prepaid Card?
You may qualify for an Empire Benefits Prepaid Card when you sign up for one of Empire’s Medicare Advantage plans. These plans combine Medicare Parts A, B, and D and include extras like the Benefits Prepaid Card. Think of your flex card as a perk for having an Empire Medicare Advantage plan.